1. Do I need to provide my own bedding and personal hygiene items if I live in the student dormitory
The School provides all necessary bedding but each student should be responsible for his or her own personal hygiene items.
2. How many students are there in each dormitory room and is there a stand-alone bathroom in each ro
Each room accommodates four students typically for most of the rooms. But a few rooms can accommodate two or three students.
3. How is the dormitory sanitation maintained?
Students should take care of their own personal hygiene and abide by the school regulations to complete their room cleaning duty by setting up and following the room cleaning schedule. Advice and assistance will be given to those with difficulties by teachers. Dormitory sanitation in public places will be held responsible by dormitory working staff.
4. Is hot water for either drinking or living provided on the 24-hour basis?
Hot water for living is available from 6:30am – 7:30am in the morning and 21:00pm – 23:00pm at night. Boiled drinking water is provided around the clock. (No direct drinking water facilities are available temporarily)
5. Are there washing facilities inside the dormitory building?
There are no self-assisted washing facilities for the moment but charged laundry service is available on campus. The open time for that is 12:00pm – 15:00pm and 18:00pm – 19:00pm Monday through Friday. Long resident students can enjoy laundry service for free on Saturdays.
6. What is the cooling and heating condition in the dormitory?
Central air conditioning in summer and central heating in winter are available in the dormitory.
7. Are dormitories open to students during regular class time?
Normally the dormitories are not open during class time. But on rare occasions when a student gets sick or need to go back to his dormitory to fetch his personal belongings, he can do so upon obtaining the permission note from either his home-room teacher or the doctors in the health center. He must also register such activity with his dorm teacher.
8. Can students live on campus on weekends on a temporary basis?
Yes. However, application must be submitted by the student to the dorm teacher by 14:00pm Thursday. Permission is granted only after this application is confirmed with the home-room teacher and the students’ parents. At the same time, the student need to pay the corresponding charges based on the actual number of days occupying the dormitory on weekends.
9. Can long resident students leave campus on a temporary basis?
Yes. However, application must be submitted to the corresponding teacher by 14:00pm Thursday. Permission is granted after the application is confirmed with his home-room teacher.
1. Is hot water available in the dormitories?
Yes. Water fountains are installed and students can drink water whenever they want.
2. Are hair dryers allowed in the dormitories?
No. It’s unsafe for teenagers to dry their hair by an electric hair dryer when the hair is wet. Another reason for not allowing the use of hair dryers is to avoid the overload of electricity in the dormitories.
3. What if students use too much computer or cell phone in the dormitory?
According to the school rules, laptops are not allowed to show up in the dormitory. Student’s laptop will be handed over to the school administration if he/she violates the rule. And any cellphone or laptop used after the light-off will be also confiscated. We have teachers on duty to check on students at night. The relevant rules and regulations are always be informed to the students at the beginning of each semester.
4. Do students need to prepare beddings and bath/body wash set for themselves?
The school provides beddings but does not provide bath/body wash set.
5. How many students are there in each dormitory? Does the dormitory come with a bathroom?
Usually every four students share a dormitory with a contained bathroom; but there are also some dormitories without contained bathrooms which are shared by 2~3 students who can have a shower in a public bathroom.
6. Are laundry machines available in the apartment?
No. But there is a laundry room in the school. Students can pay to the laundry to have their cloths washes. However, the laundry offers free service to those who stay at the school during weekends all the school year.
7. Is air conditioning system available in the dormitory?
Yes. We have a central air conditioning system in all the dormitory buildings.
8. Is the dormitory open during class?
No. But a student is allowed to go back to the dormitory with a teacher’s or doctor’s approval and should register from the dorm teacher’s.
9. Can a day-school student stay in the dormitory during weekends?
Yes. But the student should apply from the dorm teacher’s first for the staying after his/her homeroom teacher’s has confirmed with his/her parents. By the way, the student has to pay for staying.
10. Can students who stay in the dorm during weekends all the school year leave school?
Yes. But his/her parents need to fax the request to school before 14:00 on Thursday. And when the homeroom teacher’s confirmed with the parents, he/she can leave. Without his/her parents’ permission, the student is not allowed to leave the school.
1. What kinds of clothing should a student wear one week after entering our school?
All students should wear school uniforms.
2. Where can students purchase the school uniforms?
Teachers will assist students to purchase these school uniforms from the clothing department of our school.
3. What if the school uniforms purchased for a student do not fit well?
Teachers will assist students to go to the clothing department and change the uniforms to the right size until they fit the student well. However, the original packing should be intact in order for such switch to be allowed.
4. How can students buy some common articles or small merchandize on campus in case of need?
Can students take some cash with them?
As all school initiated charges are notified well beforehand, students have no need to take cash to campus. In case of need, students may obtain a campus card at the administrative office. Teachers can use such cards to make the purchase for the students at the campus store and record such purchases on a list for each student, which will be reported to the student’s parents at the end of each month.
5. If students need to contact their parents, can they bring cell phones with them to campus?
It is not allowed for students to bring expensive articles to the school.
6. When can students contact their parents? What is the appropriate time for doing this?
Students can use the landline phones installed in the dorm to contact their parents from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the evening.
7. What is the best time for parents' counseling?
Here our teachers are conducting student-oriented management and monitoring students in all aspects around the clock. The cell phones of home-room teachers are on around the clock. You can either call the landline phone in the student’s dormitory or the teacher’s cell phone any time as you wish to communicate with the teacher.
8. Are students safe when they study and take part in various activities on campus?
Yes, they are safe. Usually dorm teachers will lead the students to the dining hall, or to the dormitories, or the classrooms to take part in different activities. The dorm teachers are supposed to accompany students all the time and deliver students to home-room teachers from hand to hand without allowing students to stay alone individually. Parents also need to have the student pick-up forms when enter or exiting campus gate. Surveillance equipment is installed in the classroom and at all other places where students may appear.
9. What if students are picky about some food? Can he bring snacks to school?
No, it is now permitted. Eating snacks is not conducive to students’ healthy growth; on the contrary, it will make the students even pickier about food. Our teachers will let students know what a healthy diet is and encourage students to try the food which they have never had and they rarely eat. In this way students may change their habits gradually and they may eventually accept the food they are picky about or simply love them eventually.
10. What if some students are allergic to some special food?
Our chefs in the dining hall provide students with buffet style dishes that are plentiful and in various flavors. More than twenty different dishes are available to choose from in any meal so that students can choose whatever they want and avoid the food that is allergic to them. In addition, our teachers keep the students’ health profile and they will pay special attention to those students with allergy history and alert them whenever necessary.
11. What if a student does not have a good appetite and the parents are not around?
In case like this, (1) Our teachers will take the student to the health center to consult with a doctor; (2) Our teachers will learn about the student’s condition and talk to him patiently to try to help him solve the problem and encourage him to eat and drink more seriously.
12. What if students’ bedding gets dirty after usage in the previous week?
Cleaning service is provided to students on campus. We regularly clean and sanitize students’ bedding which will be promptly returned to students after such service.
13. What if students have their clothing stained too easily which can no longer be worn when returni
Parents should be responsible for preparing clean clothing that can last a whole week long, ensuring that their kids have enough clean clothing to change. In case of unexpected situations, we will help to send the dirty clothing to the laundry facilities, ensuring students have clean clothes to wear.
14. Are there enough quilts or comforters to keep students warm in the dorm in winter?
Do students need to bring their own comforters to the dormitory?
When the weather gets cold, the heating system will be adjusted based the actual weather condition, making sure that the dorm temperature reaches the standard level. It will be OK just to go with the comforter provided by the school. In addition, blankets are also provided to students ensuring the sleeping temperature is good enough.
15. Are there air conditioners in the dorm in summer?
Yes. In addition to the air conditioning facilities, thin summer quilts are also provided to students.
16. Are there shower facilities on campus?
Yes. There are shower and bathing facilities on campus. Hot water is provided so that students can take shower every day.
17. What if students get sick at night?
How does the school handle cases like this?
We have doctors on campus who are on duty around the clock. Our teachers will ask the doctors on duty to come to visit the sick student and diagnose the student on site so that immediate treatment can be given. There are special teachers who patrol the dorm at night for the younger students.
18. How can a student take medication on campus when he brings his own medication prescribed from do
Our teachers will help to take care of the sick students and keep his medication in order and in different boxes based on its classification and medicine instructions. Special labels with the student’s name, medicine names and dose will be attached to the outside of such boxes. Then teachers can remind the sick students when he needs to take such medication in time, ensuring the sick student can recover soon.
19. What kinds of activities are there available in the dormitory after students finished their dinn
We will organize the following activities after dinner each day. (1) Outdoor Activities: including playing games outside, playing badminton, soccer, shuttlecock, rope skipping, hula hoop etc. (2) Indoor Activities: including telling stories, listening to music, learning paper cut, making artifacts, watching news to learn about politics, learning useful living skills. (3) Happy Reading