1. Do I need to provide my own bedding and personal hygiene items?
The School provides all necessary bedding but each student should be responsible for his or her own personal hygiene items.
2. How many students are there in each dormitory room?
Each room accommodates four students typically for most of the rooms. But a few rooms can accommodate two or three students.
3. How is the dormitory sanitation maintained?
Students should take care of their own personal hygiene and abide by the school regulations to complete their room cleaning duty by setting up and following the room cleaning schedule. Advice and assistance will be given to those with difficulties by teachers. Dormitory sanitation in public places will be held responsible by dormitory working staff.
4. Is hot water for either drinking or living provided on the 24-hour basis?
Hot water for living is available from 6:30am – 7:30am in the morning and 21:00pm – 23:00pm at night. Boiled drinking water is provided around the clock. (No direct drinking water facilities are available temporarily)
5. Are there washing facilities inside the dormitory building?
There are no self-assisted washing facilities for the moment but charged laundry service is available on campus. The open time for that is 12:00pm – 15:00pm and 18:00pm – 19:00pm Monday through Friday. Long resident students can enjoy laundry service for free on Saturdays.
6. What is the cooling and heating condition in the dormitory?
Central air conditioning in summer and central heating in winter are available in the dormitory.
7. Are dormitories open to students during regular class time?
Normally the dormitories are not open during class time. But on rare occasions when a student gets sick or need to go back to his dormitory to fetch his personal belongings, he can do so upon obtaining the permission note from either his home-room teacher or the doctors in the health center. He must also register such activity with his dorm teacher.
8. Can students live on campus on weekends on a temporary basis?
Yes. However, application must be submitted by the student to the dorm teacher by 14:00pm Thursday. Permission is granted only after this application is confirmed with the home-room teacher and the students’ parents. At the same time, the student need to pay the corresponding charges based on the actual number of days occupying the dormitory on weekends.
9. Can long resident students leave campus on a temporary basis?
Yes. However, application must be submitted to the corresponding teacher by 14:00pm Thursday. Permission is granted after the application is confirmed with his home-room teacher.