Yes. Water fountains are installed and students can drink water whenever they want.
2. Are hair dryers allowed in the dormitories?
No. It’s unsafe for teenagers to dry their hair by an electric hair dryer when the hair is wet. Another reason for not allowing the use of hair dryers is to avoid the overload of electricity in the dormitories.
3. What if students use too much computer or cell phone in the dormitory?
According to the school rules, laptops are not allowed to show up in the dormitory. Student’s laptop will be handed over to the school administration if he/she violates the rule. And any cellphone or laptop used after the light-off will be also confiscated. We have teachers on duty to check on students at night. The relevant rules and regulations are always be informed to the students at the beginning of each semester.
4. Do students need to prepare beddings and bath/body wash set for themselves?
The school provides beddings but does not provide bath/body wash set.
5. How many students are there in each dormitory? Does the dormitory come with a bathroom?
Usually every four students share a dormitory with a contained bathroom; but there are also some dormitories without contained bathrooms which are shared by 2~3 students who can have a shower in a public bathroom.
6. Are laundry machines available in the apartment?
No. But there is a laundry room in the school. Students can pay to the laundry to have their cloths washes. However, the laundry offers free service to those who stay at the school during weekends all the school year.
7. Is air conditioning system available in the dormitory?
Yes. We have a central air conditioning system in all the dormitory buildings.
8. Is the dormitory open during class?
No. But a student is allowed to go back to the dormitory with a teacher’s or doctor’s approval and should register from the dorm teacher’s.
9. Can a day-school student stay in the dormitory during weekends?
Yes. But the student should apply from the dorm teacher’s first for the staying after his/her homeroom teacher’s has confirmed with his/her parents. By the way, the student has to pay for staying.
10. Can students who stay in the dorm during weekends all the school year leave school?
Yes. But his/her parents need to fax the request to school before 14:00 on Thursday. And when the homeroom teacher’s confirmed with the parents, he/she can leave. Without his/her parents’ permission, the student is not allowed to leave the school.